Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fleur de Lis card

This was a embossing technique I learned on Paper Craft Planet yesterday.  It is called the "Faux Metal Tin Ceiling" tutorial.  The pink cardstock is covered with clear embossing ink and then I added pink embossing powder and set with my heat gun.  After the paper cooled, I repeated the process.  After this cooled again, I ran this paper through my Cuttlebug with the Fleur de Lis embossing folder.  I trimmed my paper to fit my card, added the ribbon and flower with a brad.  The tag is from Stampin' Up's tag punch and stamps set.  The embossed paper feels almost like leather or vinyl when it is completed.  The example in the tutorial was done with silver embossing powder on grey paper.  Go to Paper Craft Planet at this link http://www.papercraftplanet.com/video/faux-metal-tin-ceiling  to view this tutorial and then give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your post!