Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You only live once

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."  That is a thought provoking sentiment and very true.  I decided I wanted to try something a little difference.  I used black cardstock on a white card base.  The gold embossed flowers I used as a background and the message are from the Stampin Up stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral.  The large colored flower is on an acrylic stamp but I don't know where I got it.  I colored it with watercolor crayons, some Tombow markers, and a blending pen.  I then used gold stickles in the center and crystal stickles on the petals.  I covered the flower with Diamond Glaze to give it a lacquered effect.  I cut it out and popped it up on the card.  The pink grograin ribbon is probably from Joann's.  I rounded the opposite corners of the black cardstock to do something a little different I had seen cased.

3 comments:

  1. How did you get those lovely flowers grow on your pine tree??? vtp

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers on the pine tree are a Clematis vine. I wrapped chicken wire around base of pine tree and planted the vines. They are about 5 years old now and are growing very well. We learned that if we cut them back each winter, they grow hardier and have more blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post!